Sunday, January 22, 2012

Real promises in the midst of Fear

Have you ever had the thought "I know God doesn't give me more than I can handle, but I really think He has me confused with someone else."? If I am completely honest, I have had that thought more than once.

The reality is that God is still on the throne.
The reality is that God doesn't give more than you can handle...with His help!
The reality is that this world is NOT our home, but a stop on the journey to eternity.
The reality is that God believes more in me than I believe in myself.
The reality is that we will go through trials and struggles in this life but HE has overcome this world.

I continue to be amazed at how often my human-ness takes over and I forget that God has already taken care of whatever I am concerned about. He has not promised that I will always be happy. He has not promised that I will always be healthy. He has promised that He will be with me every step of the way.

The reality is that it is sometimes those steps that we have to walk that are the most scary, even when we are in His arms. Speaking personally and frankly, when I am scared, that is it, I am scared. Even as a child, when I was afraid, the fear didn't subside simply because I woke up. It didn't subside simply because I was in my parent's arms. It didn't subside when I was in my husband's arms. It didn't subside when I prayed. My fear subsided when I realized that everything was okay or going to be okay or when there was a plan.

This is new information to most people as I kept this very private until I had more information. I had a mammogram on January 11, 2012. There was absolutely no concern. It was simply a requirement for my insurance company. I went to the exam expecting it to be uneventful and that I would be fine. There is no history of breast cancer in my family. I had not felt anything abnormal, no signs...thus was confident that it would come back fine. The next day, my fear started. I got the call for additional mammogram due to the results being concerning. They couldn't get me in for 7 days, which is 7 days for my mind to take over.

I believe I did a great job keeping positive for the most part. However, there was much fear within. I knew that whatever the results were, that God was in charge and that as long as I relied on Him, I would get through this. All I had to get through was the next test. I just kept telling myself that. I stayed strong on the outside but was fearful on the inside.

My test came back fine. I am healthy and strong. I believe the lesson for me was to stay in the moment on God's lap, listening and believing that all was going to be fine....Not that I would be healthy but that I would not be alone. The lesson was that I needed to focus on living life for HIM instead of losing life in the moments of fear.

God is so good!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment